Featured Job: Channel Sales Specialist – Network Security
You’ll be working for a value-add distributor who specialisess in the marketing of new security, storage and networking technologies for corporate users.
The company has established and continues to develop its network of resellers, and provides promotional, training and technical support for the solutions it markets.
The successful candidate will nurture vendor relationships; take ownership for the day to day business management of revenue and profit targets and development of the channel via existing and new reseller partnerships.
Responsibilities will include
- Product focus of 1-2 Vendors
- Understand where the vendor complements and competes within the existing vendor landscape.
- Promote complementary vendor solutions and articulate the company’s message.
- Working to achieve both individual and team targets against agreed profit requirements
- Key contact for the specified vendors, developing relationships at all levels of the vendor organisation.
- Training and enablement of company sales team, ensuring any accreditations are maintained
- Annual and quarterly business planning and review meetings with vendors
- Managing key accounts alongside the Account Managers
- Work closely with the internal & external sales teams to set and coordinate partner meetings
- Proactively work with Exclusive company and Vendor marketing teams to:
- Recruit, enable and drive new resellers
- Develop end user lead generation programs with resellers
- Implement sales & technical training programs
- Manage Pipeline, loan process and Stock profile for the vendor
- Ensure internal systems are updated with vendor price lists, collateral, discount structures and processes.
- Producing monthly sales forecast reports and statistics for company management and the vendor
For the Partners:
- Drive the quarterly business plan working alongside the Account Manager and Vendor Channel Team
- Work with the partner to on-board vendor through training and enablement across all relevant departments
- On-going training to educate the partner on new releases and competitive messaging
- Support vendor focused activities, such as end user events and focus days
- The point of contact for escalation
- The ability to form, build and farm relationships, network effectively and intelligently, internally, within the vendor and partner base.
- The ability to clearly articulate the vendor message to suit the audience, for example technical, commercial or financial and gain the buy-in of all stakeholders.
- Ensure that a professional “research driven” approach is adopted to each meeting and opportunity
- Liaising with internal departments eg: Operations, sales, technical consultants, in order to fulfil customer needs, such as arranging demonstrations, organising quotes, logistics and customer risk management.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills, attributes and experience:
- Highly motivated, with a pro-active approach to their workload
- Able to work on their own initiative and as part of a team
- Knowledge of the IT channel and commercial challenges for distribution
- Confident, warm, fun personality that works hard
- Experienced presenting to senior level contacts
- Clear communication
- Analytical skills